At some point, you may be trying to conduct certain business but language barriers could be hindering or slowing down your progress.
This can be quite frustrating and time-consuming, but Relocate Antigua is here to help. We will find you an interpreter specialized in the area and language combination which you require.
What is an ad-hoc Interpreter?
An ad-hoc interpreter is a person who is called on to assist in interpretation between two or more people in an urgent situation. The role of this type of interpreter is to provide a very fast and accurate verbal translation between parties. Their services are usually used for meetings, conference calls, site visits, and in-depth interviews.
Skills of an ad-hoc interpreter
- Excellent listening skills- Interpreters are required to be great listeners. Because Ad-hoc interpreters are utilized for fast-paced conversations and group conversations, they should always be able to pay full attention to all parties to translate accurately.
- Excellent speaking skills in languages of expertise- Equally as important as listening skills are the speaking skills of the ad-hoc interpreter. He/she must be able to speak fluently and coherently so that all parties can understand and relate to the information being communicated.
- Remarkable memory- Interpreters normally have an incredible memory, and in terms of urgent interpreting, a great memory is needed. The interpreter will need to be able to remember phrases and terminology to bring messages across quickly.
- Discipline- Certain tense situations can cause anyone to become frustrated but as a professional interpreter, self-discipline should be a priority. Stress can often occur from the high level of concentration that is expected but the interpreter should always remain composed.
- Cultural competency- Culture, and language go hand in hand, therefore the interpreter must have a good grasp on all cultures involved in the communication setting so that he/she can properly assess things like lingos, gestures, and humor to better interpret to the listeners. Relocate Antigua offers cross-cultural coaching services.
Ad-hoc interpreting requires patience, skills, and discipline, so it Is best to recruit a professional who can work on call for you. Relocate Antigua provides its clients with bespoke urgent interpreting services tailored to your specific needs.
Let us know what you’re looking for and we will do our best to satisfy your needs.
What is a personal interpreter?
A personal interpreter is an individual who professionally converts one language into the other by listening to, comprehending, and translating information from one person to the next. The interpreter should specialize in two languages: their mother tongue and another language.
Relocating to a country that doesn’t have your language as its first language can prove to be stressful as you will not be able to communicate efficiently on your own.
Relocate Antigua offers personal interpreting services. Our skilled interpreters provide support in many different settings including negotiations, personal conversations, and business trips. You will benefit from a personal interpreter in any situation where a language barrier exists.
- Ensure that the client stays informed throughout meetings, appointments, and engagements.
- Be proficient in terminology related to the specific situation or business.
- Always maintain the same tone and intonation as the speaker
- Research meetings and appointments to sharpen interesting skills on a particular subject.
This service is mainly catered to high net-worth individuals who value privacy and confidentiality, as well as politicians and other government figures, and VIPs.
Our interpreters are trained for various situations such as:
- Medical Appointments
- Immigration interviews
- Court proceedings
- Business Negotiations
- Personal conversations
- Whatever your requirements, we will find the right specialist interpreter and develop an interpreting solution tailored to your specific needs.
Types of interpreting
Over the phone interpretation- This form of personal interpreting is normally done to eliminate the need for travel for negotiations or conversations. The interpreter will listen carefully and relay information to both parties in the specified languages.
In-person Interpretation- Also known as on-site interpretation, this form of interpreting involves the parties and the interpreter being in one room as the interpreter listens and conveys the information swiftly, also paying attention to non-verbal cues and body language to get the message across in the best way possible.
Our personal interpreters are highly trained and will provide you with a declaration of confidentiality, ensuring that your information is safe and secure.
Contact us today for more information and a free consultation.