At some point, you may be trying to conduct certain business but language barriers could be hindering or slowing down your progress.
This can be quite frustrating and time-consuming but Relocate Antigua is here to help. We will find you an ad-hoc interpreter specialized in the language combination which you require.
What is an ad-hoc Interpreter?
An ad-hoc interpreter is a person who is called on to assist in interpretation between two or more people in an urgent situation. The role of this type of interpreter is to provide very fast and accurate verbal translation between parties. Their services are usually used for meetings, conference calls, site visits, and in-depth interviews.
Skills of an ad-hoc interpreter
- Excellent listening skills- Interpreters are required to be great listeners. Because Ad-hoc interpreters are utilized for fast-paced conversations and group conversations, they should be able to pay full attention to all parties at all times to translate accurately.
- Excellent speaking skills in languages of expertise- Equally as important as listening skills are the speaking skills of the ad-hoc interpreter. He/she must be able to speak fluently and coherently so that all parties can understand and relate to the information being communicated.
- Remarkable memory- Interpreters normally have an incredible memory, and in terms of urgent interpreting, a great memory is needed. The interpreter will need to be able to remember phrases and terminology to bring messages across quickly.
- Discipline- Certain tense situations can cause anyone to become frustrated but as a professional interpreter, self-discipline should be a priority. Stress can often occur from the high level of concentration that is expected but the interpreter should always remain composed.
- Cultural competency- Culture, and language go hand in hand, therefore the interpreter must have a good grasp on all cultures involved in the communication setting so that he/she can properly assess things like lingos, gestures, and humor to better interpret to the listeners. Relocate Antigua offers cross-cultural coaching services.
Ad-hoc interpreting requires patience, skills, and discipline, so it Is best to recruit a professional who can work on call for you. Relocate Antigua provides its clients with bespoke urgent interpreting services tailored to your specific needs.
Let us know what you’re looking for and we will do our best to satisfy your needs.