Antigua and Barbuda are in many ways the perfect country to vacation or relocate to and owning an Antigua and Barbuda passport holds many advantages including tax residency and visa-free travel to 165 countries around the world making it the strongest passport in the OECS. In recent months, about 25 more countries were added to the list, previously 140 including 124 sovereign states, 13 British Overseas Territories, 6 Dutch territories, and 10 collectives of France and 3 other European countries.
You may be wondering “Do Antiguan’s need a visa to travel to the UK?” Well great news, one of the new additions to the visa-free destinations in the United Kingdom, one of the most prominent countries in the world. The government of Antigua and Barbuda has worked to ensure that the Antigua passport remains as attractive as the island itself, allowing its citizens the unique opportunity to travel to most of the countries in the world without needing to obtain a visa.
Obtaining your second citizenship in Antigua is a doorway to international opportunities and experiences. To learn more about general dual citizenship, read our article on “Benefits of Dual Citizenship.”
To learn more about the amazing benefits of being Antiguan check out our article on citizenship, check out this article “Benefits of Antiguan Citizenship.”
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Free Countries List
In these European countries, Antiguan passport holders can stay for 90 days within 180 days.
Schengen countries in Europe
- Czech Republic
Other European countries
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Russian Federation
- Vatican City
Other European countries and have different conditions such as the need for a visa on arrival:
- United Kingdom- Visa-free travel and the maximum stay is 6 months.
- Andorra- No Visa requirements however since you are obligated to follow Schengen area visa regulations including obtaining a visa permit on arrival if you intend to stay for more than 90 days.
- Armenia- Visa must be obtained through an online application or on arrival at Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan. The maximum stay is 120 days for a tourist traveling with an Antiguan passport.
- Belarus- Visa must be obtained on arrival at Minsk International Airport and the maximum stay is 30 days.
- Georgia- Visa-free travel and Maximum stay is 1 year.
- San Marino- Visa permit must be obtained for stays longer than 10 days.
In these countries, Antiguan passport holders can stay for 90 days:
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
In these countries, Antiguan passport holders can stay 180 days and are granted indefinite stay status if they possess a “CARICOM Certificate of skills”:
- Guyana– passport holders can stay up to 180 days
Other countries in the Americas and their conditions:
- Nicaragua- Visa must be obtained on arrival and the maximum stay is 90 days.
- Bolivia- Visa must be obtained on arrival and the maximum stay is 90 days
- Peru- Maximum stay is 180 days
- Panama- Maximum stay is 180 days
Antigua passport visa-free countries in Asia who can stay for up to 30 days
- The Philippines
- Kiribati- Maximum stay is 4 months
- South Korea- maximum stay is 90 days
For these Asian countries, Antiguan Citizens require an E-visa and can stay for up to 30 days but must adhere to certain conditions:
- Bahrain- Travel, accommodation, and financial documents must be provided with an online application.
- Jordan- Visa permit also required
- Sri Lanka
- India- Application must be made 120 days before traveling and maximum stay is 90 days
For these countries, Antiguan Citizens are required to obtain a visa on arrival and can stay for up to 30 days.
- Qatar- (30 to 90 days)
For these African countries, Visa-free travel is permitted for Antiguan passport holders and the maximum stay is 30 days.
- South Africa
- Zambia- 90 days for tourists
For these African countries, Visa-free travel is permitted for Antiguan passport holders and the maximum stay is 90 days
For these African countries, E-visa is required and maximum stay is 30 days or 90 days with a visa obtained on arrival:
- Benin- Vaccination certification required
Other African visa-free countries for Antigua passport holders and their conditions
- Cape Verde Islands
- Comoros Islands- 45 days maximum stay if the traveler has an onward ticket
- Seychelles- Return ticket, accommodation, and financial information required and maximum stay is 60 days
- Togo- Visa on arrival required and maximum stay is 7 days
Antigua and Barbuda visa-free Oceana countries
For these countries, visa-free travel is permitted:
- Fiji- 4-month maximum stay
- Micronesia-30 days maximum stay
- Samoa- 60- 90 days maximum stay
- Vanuatu- 30 days maximum stay
For these countries, passport holders must obtain a visa upon arrival and the maximum stay is 30 days:
- Palau Island
- Solomon Islands
For most Caribbean countries visa-free travel is allowed and can stay indefinitely due to OECS freedom of movement:
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and Grenadines
For these countries, Antiguan citizens can stay a maximum of 180 days under certain conditions
- Trinidad and Tobago
Other Antigua citizen visa-free Caribbean countries and their conditions:
- Cuba- 30 days maximum stay
- Dominican Republic- 90 days maximum stay
- Haiti- 60 days maximum stay
For these territories, visa-free travel is permitted for Antiguan citizens can stay a maximum of 90 days:
- Hong Kong (SAR China)
- French Guiana
- French West Indies
- New Caledonia
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Wallis and Futuna
- Bonaire; St. Eustatius and Saba
- St. Maarten
- Turks and Caicos
- Northern Cyprus
Other territories and their requirements:
- Macau- 14-180 days maximum
- The Faroe Islands-
- Akrotiri and Dhekelia- visa permit needed for passport holders intending to spend more than 28 days.
- Anguilla- 60 days maximum stay
- Bermuda- 21 days maximum
- British Indian Ocean Territory- special permit required
- The British Virgin Islands- 180 days maximum stay
- Cayman Islands- 180 days maximum stay
- Gibraltar- 180 days maximum stay
- Montserrat- 21 days maximum
- Pitcairn Islands- 13 days of maximum stay
- Ascension Island- E-visa requirement, 60 days maximum stay
- St. Helena- E-visa requirement, 60-day maximum stay
- Tristan de Cunha-
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands- special permit required
- Somaliland- Visa required on arrival
- South Ossetia- multi-entry visa required
- Transnistria- Visa required on arrival
Relocating to the beautiful twin-island state serves multiple benefits and for diplomats and even digital nomads, the greatest advantage is the ability to travel to the many Antigua and Barbuda passport visa-free countries. Remember you can get your Antiguan citizenship by investment and enjoy the benefits of your Antigua passport. If you require translation services for your documents, we have that covered. Get in touch with us today and receive your free quote.