Like so many others, you may have decided that Antigua and Barbuda is where you want to be. The sun, the beaches and lifestyle of the Caribbean, almost too good to be true but at the same time raising the question as to how will you secure your residency there.
Some of the options in achieving residency status include investment packages that come in the form of the Antigua Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP), where investment in Antigua’s economy allows you to register for citizenship to Antigua and Barbuda.
You can apply for a residency permit if you have been ordinarily residing in Antigua and Barbuda for no less than four years or if you are married to an Antiguan citizen for no less than one year.
- Birth and marriage certificate
- Copy of the bio page of your passport
- Evidence of your contribution to statutory taxes in Antigua
- Health certificate
- Police record
When your application has been approved, the Chief immigration officer will then issue you a Resident Certificate which will be valid for 3 years. You will automatically be entitled to accept employment and to have your dependents reside with you.
Otherwise, you can gain Antigua residency by investment through the Antigua Permanent Residency Program (PRP) which grants you permanent access to our wonderful country.
The Permanent Residency Program has been in effect since 1994 and can be applied for when you have a permanent place of residence in the country.
- You must lease or purchase property in Antigua
- Must pay an annual tax of 20, 000 USD per year
- Must spend at least 30 days a year in the country
- Must have an annual income exceeding US$100,000.
- Completed application form
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Bank reference
- Two professional references
- Title/lease to property in Antigua
- Copy of your passport
- Valid police record
Relocate Antigua will guide you through it all from start to finish with our specially tailored process until you can proudly call yourself a resident of Antigua.
After you have contacted us and received your complimentary quote from Relocate Antigua, your designated agent will:
- Provide you with the necessary forms for your residency application and guide you to fill them accurately .
- Receive and copy your documents and certify or notarize any documents or create certified translations in Antigua if foreign documents require translation.
- Submit your application and documents to the Ministry of Justice for review and consideration.
- Payment of $20,000 to be made to the inland revenue department as well as any additional fees.
- Collect your Residency Certificate from the immigration department and deliver via our courier service.
The entire process takes approximately 6 months and we will manage all parts of the overall process and ensure that all parties involved will perform adequately as well. Call us today to get started!
Antigua is one of the countries in the Caribbean that offers tax redundancy.
- No income tax on worldwide income or assets
- No capital gains tax on worldwide income
- No inheritance tax
- No wealth tax
Antigua’s Long-stay Visa Program
The Cabinet of Antigua is now formulating a new residency program that will allow professionals who can work remotely to do so while residing on Antigua. This will be another great opportunity to enjoy Antigua’s beautiful atmosphere as well as tax resident benefits.
The program will allow individuals to legally stay and work in the country for up to two years at a time offering them a safe and tropical environment while they work. The government is confident that the fast and reliable telecommunications networks on the island will provide an ideal setting for remote working expats.
To qualify for the program, individuals must be able to prove that they will be able to financially sustain themselves for the period.
The cost of the visa is US$300 for the main applicant, US$200 for a spouse and US$100 for each dependent of the main applicant.
Our trained experts at Relocate Antigua will guide you in acquiring your tax residency in Antigua so you can enjoy the benefits of this opportunity.