Imagine the sound of gently lapping waves joining your wedding band as the Caribbean Sea breeze enhances the tranquility of the atmosphere; Your family and friends looking on proudly on one end and the sunset on the other bidding you a lifetime of joy and love.
In many ways Antigua and Barbuda are one of the Caribbean’s best wedding destinations; with sandy beaches and mesmerizing views, it’s the perfect place to tie the knot. But how does one go about having an Antigua Wedding? Relocate Antigua gives you full insight into getting married in Antigua, with potential venues and tips.
Best places to get married in Antigua
Whether it is a picturesque beach, or a scenic church, your choice of location for your Antigua wedding will make the celebration one to remember. But where are the best places to get married in Antigua?
Antigua Hotel Weddings
Besides having a more luxurious setting, hotel weddings come with incredible perks like package deals that include experienced wedding planners and catering. Most hotels in Antigua offer all-inclusive deals and packages tailored to fit you. Add the views and the beautiful decorations, and you have got the perfect Antigua wedding. Some of the best hotels in Antigua include:
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Hermitage Bay
- Blue Waters Hotel
- Cocobay Hotel
- St. James’s club and Villas
- Galley Bay Resort and Spa
- Curtain Bluff Hotel
Let us help you get the best Antigua wedding packages at the best hotels in Antigua.
Antigua Beach Weddings
Antigua is known to be one of the most romantic islands in the Caribbean. And the island has it’s 365 gorgeous beaches to thank for that. Generally, beach settings tend to create a unique ambiance but there are some things that make beaches one of the best options for weddings:
- More intimate and secluded setting
- Out in the open
- Perfect backdrop for wedding photos
Other great Antigua wedding venue options include:
- Out on the water (Sailing)
- Traditional church setting
- Garden or courtyard setting
Our expert team at Relocate Antigua will assist you in finding the right location for your dream wedding. Let us know all your specifications and we will take care of them for you.
How to get married in Antigua
To legally get married in Antigua, you will have to obtain a license to do so, as well as pay the fees and outsource a civil marriage officer. Let us guide you through the requirements of getting married in Antigua.
|License Type||License Cost||Registration fee||Marriage officer fee|
To obtain an ordinary marriage license, at least one of the parties must prove that they have been residing on the island for at least 15 days prior to the application.
What you will need:
- Completed application form- This form be obtained at the ministry of foreign affairs on Queen Elizabeth Highway
- Valid Passports
- Proof of age or consent
- Proof of Status- Single individuals must present a declaration that was signed in Antigua and Barbuda, divorced individuals must present the Original Decree Absolute which includes the seal of the Court which issues the Decree of the certified copy of the Decree Absolute, and widows/widowers must present their marriage certificate and the death certificate of their husband or wife.
Antigua Wedding ceremony specifics
Getting married in Antigua is not as difficult as you may think, and with relocate Antigua on your side, you can rest assured that the entire process will be easy. Wedding ceremonies in Antigua are performed by a Civil Marriage Officer at a cost US$100 and between the hours of 6am and 6pm. If you decide to have a small ceremony, you can do so with 2 or more witnesses who are over 18 years of age.
Antigua Wedding Tips
In the words of Kurt Vonnegut “the triumph of anything is a matter of organization”. And if you want to have a successful wedding ceremony, whether it’s small or grand, organization and proper planning is key. Here are some useful tips for your Antigua wedding.
- Watch the weather– Although the Caribbean is known for its year-round warm weather, rain is always a possibility. If your plan is to have an outdoor or beach wedding, ensure that the weather for that day is bright and sunny. In the same light, the humidity may also influence your hair and makeup, so be sure to be prepared for that.
- Choose the appropriate wedding attire to fit your location– If you are getting married on the beach, don’t go full tuxedo and long train with heels. For a traditional church wedding, you may want to go with the full traditional wedding attire. Just be sure that your attire matches your Antigua wedding venue, Relocate Antigua will provide you with custom tailoring services to fit your needs. We will connect you with the best tailors on the island to create your incredible wedding outfits for you and your guests. Whether you need a suit made from scratch or want to alter one that you already have, we will help you get it done.
- Get extra help– Getting a personal assistant to help you with your different needs for your Antigua wedding can give you freedom and peace of mind. Whether it is for running legal errands or for personal shopping, you should consider seeking extra help for your wedding planning. Leave it up to us to find you the help that will make the entire process easier for you. If you need entertainment and media personnel to help, make your special day even more memorable, let us know.
Relocate Antigua Wedding packages
Do you dream of having the perfect Antigua wedding, but have no idea how to get started? Well, as with everything else, we’ve got your back! Relocate Antigua provides tailored wedding packages, created to meet the specific needs of each client. Together with our vast database of professionals, we will ensure that every aspect of your wedding is planned out in a timely and organized manner.
We know that weddings at times can be rather stressful especially when you plan to travel to another country. Considering your special requirements and your overall situation, we will put together a plan and guide you through all the necessary steps.
From legalities to transportation and catering services, we do it all! Why burden yourself with searching for each service from a different person? when you can find every service that you need all in one place; perfectly arranged and at a reasonable cost to fit your budget.
Let us take the reigns as you relax and focus on getting fitted your big day. Get in touch with us today to take advantage of our Antigua wedding package deals!
There is nothing quite like getting married in the Caribbean. The overall romantic ambiance of the environment, and the many options of beautiful venues, Caribbean weddings are the best! Let us assist you with your dream wedding in Antigua.